Monday, February 1, 2010

The month of Love

I had a great lunch with the ladies today. And, nerd that I am, I'm really excited that I told a spur of the moment joke and they laughed. Sometimes I tell a story I think it really funny and no one else thinks its funny and then other times I tell a story that I think is only semi funny and I see people wipe tears.

I wish I could just figure out how to tell one and not expect the other.

Anyway, I had a meetup lunch today and the waitress brought around a box of crayons and gave a crayon to all the kids at the table. And, man, there were a LOT of kids! And the person next to me joked "just don't let them eat it. Confetti poop!" and I laughed and said "at least it's digestable." She said, "Yeah. Maybe it's good for their digestion." I said "Activia for kids! Crayons could come in a 14 color pack to take the Crayon challenge" and looked up to see the three ladies around me wiping tears from their eyes and laughing.

Or maybe the other lady is the one with the fantstic sense of humor. Or maybe you had to be there.

Anyway.

I had a great time.

5 comments:

  1. I'll tell stories at work sometimes and think it's gonna be awesome and it goes nowhere. I usually get so awkward and I'm like, "sorry that story sucked"...I hate telling crappy stories! Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the queen of thinking I have something funny to tell only to find out that it was either TMI or offensive to the other person. Apparently, I have an odd sense of humor. I'm glad you had a good time out. Those times out with the girls are the best and I wish I had more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always crack myself up...but most of the time not others lol. I'm glad they enjoyed it! I think it's funny. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. :) I thought it was funny.
    I do that, too. half the time, though, I'm the only one laughing...

    Do the waitresses give Isaac crayons? Ever since Everett was like 7 months old, they've given me a menu and crayons and I'm like "REALLY??!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap. I forgot to mention, I gave you an award! :)

    ReplyDelete